Dzivgis – large medieval large settlement, where fortresses, temples and shrines formed a one-piece “military- ideological complex”, spiritual stronghold and strategic safety of residents.
Dzivgis cave fortress – built in the XIII-XVI centuries, located on the left bank of Fiagdon river in the Kurtat gorge in North Ossetia-Alania.
The fortress/cave could accommodate at least one hundred people.
In addition to Dzivgis fortress in the village survived : two watchtowers, tsyrty – pillars , ground burials , crypts and the cult complex Dzivgisy-Dzuar sanctuary.
In 1830, Tsarist troops destroyed a significant number of fortifications and other structures in settlement (as they did throughout the entire North Caucasus region).